window glazing

A home owner from Danbury Connecticut says:
Hello, The windows I have are Pennco. They are from the mid to late 80's. The pictures show the piece I need but I can't remove them because they are so brittle and just break. I can't seem to find them. I am going to order other glazing for the window which it's part number is 55-119 if that helps to identify glazings for this window. I hope the pictures help.
Thank you,
User submitted photos of snap-in glazing.
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It looks like your glazing bead has a track to hold in a "grill" for the window. I don't know if that exact type is still available, but take a look at our 55-161. Do you think a glazing bead like this type would work as a substitute? Or do you need the grill channel? Unfortunately, the only way to be sure is to remove a small sample of your current glazing and compare its profile and dimensions to our own pictures and measurements. I know its brittle and breaks easily but there isn't any other way to be sure.
A home owner from Danbury Connecticut says:
Dave, Thanks for looking at my issue. I will measure and see if that part number matches. Btw, I don't use the grill channel anyway. not even sure what its used for lol.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)