window insulation

A handy person from Summerfield Florida says:

I am having trouble with moisture condensing on the window on the inside (not between the 2 paints of glass). I assume it is due to the window insulation being worn. The window is 24 3/8 inches wide and 56 1/2 inches long. The insulation for the picture "slide frame" sits along the white line. The insulation for the picture "slide frame " sits along the white line the length of the window. The insulation is on the fixed frame for the window. Can this insulation be replaced and if so what part would you recommend. I also need to replace the insulation on the window itself which is shown in the picture and the black plugs that fit into holes in the window as guides ? It is currently pile weather stripping. 

looking over the window frame that the window slides in (the last two pictures), is it possible that instead of the pile weather stripping pushes in instead if sliding in since I don't see where it would slide in and the section containing the weather stripping is not removable allowing for it to slide in. Thank you.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named plug bottom.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named top view window.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named side view window.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window frame.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named slide frame.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:
Hello,
It sounds like you just need to replace the wool pile in your window, which you can view here. You'll need to remove a piece of your pile to compare the width of the base and the height of the pile to our replacement options. I've added our video on how to cut out weatherstripping that does not have an opening for removal. Thank you!
Thank you for your reply. This answers my question concerning replacing the pile insulation attached to the sliding window itself. However there is also pile insulation not attached to the window but in the aluminum frame the window slides into. I have enclosed a picture of one end of this (the other end is similar) and the insulation ends at the black strip at the bottom. I would hate to damage the window but could the piece of aluminum holding the pile insulation simply be removed from the window frame to be able to replace the insulation and then put back into place ? Otherwise do you sell a product which is the pile insulation containing an adhesive back I could install after removing the o;d insulation ? I am not sure of the window manufacturer being we just bought this house and it is 20 years old.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named picture 1.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think I see what you mean. Unfortunately, I have no idea what's holding that wool pile in place. It could be anything, decided entirely at the whim of whoever installed it in the first place. I really can't predict if they used adhesive or not. I know that if it were me that I absolutely wouldn't, but that's just because I personally don't like adhesive weatherstripping.

If it's not held in with adhesive, you could cut a little notch in the aluminum and then pull the wool pile out from there, just like how we show in the video above. The notch would just have to be made in such a way to accommodate the shape of the aluminum frame.

We don't sell wool pile with adhesive backing, unfortunately. We did it one time but it was discontinued and no longer something we can supply. 

Thank you. Since I don't know if changing the weather stripping will really solve the problem with the condensation I am going to look and see about replacing the window since it is approximately 20 years old. If I decide to keep the window I will give your suggestion a try.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

You have thermal break windows, where the metal extruder adds the black vinyl strip between the inside and out side of the window frame before the window manufacturer assemblies the window. Unfortunately, that can't be replaced. The wool pile on the sash can be replaced by sliding it out of the sash. The wool pile in the master frame is almost impossible to replace unless you completely remove the master frame from the wall. The black vinyl on the bottom of the window frame acts as a track for your window and we won't have that. As for the condensation on the inside of the window, that is caused when there is an extreme temperature change and high humidity between the inside of the house and the outside. 

I am sorry we could not offer more assistance with this.

Again thank you for your help. This keeps me from investing in the old window and a more up tp date window is probably my best option.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.