window latch

A quick learner from Teaneck, NJ says:
Unfortunately no information found on the latches. The plastic in the latches are decaying (they're about ten years old). The windows have latches on the right and left sides.

I've tried with another company, but their replacement latches ultimately didn't fit.

I have many windows, so will be interested in buying a number of sets.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-3336.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-3334.jpg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hi there!

Take a look at our 26-243 and 26-244 tilt window latches. Look over our dimensions and compare them to your current latch to see if this matches up for what you need.

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243
Hi Emily - thanks for your reply.

I've used similar replacement latches before. The right side replacement locks fit fine; the challenge is I can't slide the left side locks in because the left-side opening is different (see attached pictures - as you can see, on the left-side the only way I can fit the replacement latch is on top of the latch opening on the window itself, which isn't very secure).

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-3360.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-3359.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

That is very strange and unusual. Could you show us some more pictures of the original latch that you're having trouble with? 

Thank you! 

Hi Emily - Here some shots of one of remaining original latches, both outside and inside the window. They are crumbing as I remove them...

As I stated, the right side latches slide in fine, but the left side don't.

thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-3365.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-3373.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG-3364.jpg
Profile picture of Emily

Hmm, that is odd! I'm going to have one of our senior experts take a look and see if they could recommend a replacement for you. We'll reach out as soon as more information is available.

Thank you so much for your patience! 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello!

This type of top tilt latch is very unusual and I don't recognize the manufacturer. Please take a look at our 26-408 as a possible replacement. Look that over and let us know what you think. 

In the meantime, I will check our molding companies and see if they have a latch like yours. 

Thanks Paul - I'm going to order a set and see if they fit. If they do, I'll order a bunch.
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
Removing and installing flush mount tilt latches
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.