window lock bar clips

A home owner from Oakland, Maine says:

Hello,

Im looking for replacement clips that hold the lock bar in my bay windows. The bar is activated by the lever visible in the bottom of the window...the bar slides up and down and has 3 protrusions which grab the window and pull it in tight to the sash when closed. There are 3 of these clips spaced top, middle, and bottom of the lock bar. They appear to be plastic and have become brittle...all three of the clips broke at once in one of my windows so it can no longer be sealed tight. Please let me know if replacements are available and if so how much will 9 of them cost. 

Not sure if it helps researching the parts that hold the lock bar in place but the piece on the window itself that the bar grabs to pull the window closed tight into the sash looks like it's made by a company named "truth" and carries a part # 31301

From what Ive been able to find researching the parts needed they are referred to as "tie bar guides" on some websites. They are the shown close-up in the photos next to the rulers.

Thanks.

Ed 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named win3.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named win6.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hi Ed,

You are correct that the part you're looking for is a tie bar guide like our 39-417. Take a look at our video below for more information. Thank you!

SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
SWISCO 39-417 Tie Bar Guide
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing tie bar guides
Replacing tie bar guides
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.