window lock double hung window one on each side of window to allow tilt

A home owner from new york says:
we require two keys for this window lock
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting! I think you should consider either our 26-207 or 26-359. Take a look and let me know what you think.
A handy person from New York says:
Can one key be used to open both sides sequentially ?
Profile picture of Tom
Could you be more specific? I'm not sure what you mean exactly. Are you asking if pulling one tilt latch will pull them both? If so, then no, I don't think we have anything like that.
A handy person from NYC says:
Can one side be unlocked, key removed And then inserted into other side. That side unlocked and then the window tilted, or must two keys remain in the latches simultaneously to tilt window ?
Profile picture of Tom
Oh, I see. I'm sorry for the confusion. No, you will need a key in each side in order to activate both latches. Once the key is turned inside the latch, you cannot take it out again unless it's turned back into the locked position.
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.