window locking mechanism

A home owner from 21015 says:
when I open the window it falls forward because the tabs inside the mechanism, lock are broken off. I really bad hazzard.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window3.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It definitely sounds like you need new tilt latches. We carry a ton of different types, which you can see here. I recommend starting off by browsing through that selection. In order to narrow down the list of potential replacements, though, I will need you to measure the distance between the two screw holes, center-to-center, and write out what you get for me. I will then see what the best option in our inventory would be.

A home owner from 21015 says:
It looks to be about 2 inches. I attached a picture. I have purchased what I thought was the correct one last May from Swisco. I was wrong. The one I picked had the correctly spaced screws it was too wide. You have such a great collection it is very overwhelming for me. I hope you can find one that matches. Thank you for your help.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named distance between screws.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thank you! That does appear to be a 2" hole center spacing. With that in mind, we have two possibilities: the 26-337 and 26-344.

Both latch pairs have the same 2" hole spacing, but they differ in a few other details, most notably the offset. That would be the distance between the first screw hole center and the edge of the latch. They also have a different overall width.

Review the dimensions we show below to see if either one of these products would be a good match for you. Neither one is exactly the same as your original but my hope is that one matches up well enough that it doesn't matter.

26-337

Detail of 26-337
Detail of 26-337

26-344

Dimensions for 26-344
Dimensions for 26-344

Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
Replace an Internal Latch with a Surface Mounted Latch [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.