window opener

A home owner from 94708 BERKELEY CA says:
The handle on the window came off. I think it broke off or maybe just came apart. Anyway, I was not able to re-attach it to the window. Once the window is open it is difficult to close. I am not sure if I need just a new handle, the handle and the attachment to the window, or a completely new window.

PLEASE ADVISE ME. I AM AN 81 YEAR OLD WOMAN!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5363.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5361.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5357.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm afraid that your lock assembly is broken and cannot be repaired. You will need a new part entirely.

It appears to match our 38-168 and 38-169, but these are currently only available in bronze. We can get it for you in white, but the way supply lines are now it could take months before it will be available. Please let me know if that's something you're interested in pursuing and we can work from there. Otherwise, the bronze version we have in stock should work fine.

Hey Tom - Thank you! The handle is on the left side of the window, so I think I would need 38-169. I am attaching a photo of the window to make sure I have used to correct item number, so please tell me if it is incorrect. When I clicked on 38-169 it displayed out of stock. I would take any color, so I clicked the Backorder Auto-Notify. I would also like to get notified for a white handle when it is available, so please let me know the number for a White Casement Window Locking Handle. Thank you again. . .
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5362.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Perfect, thanks for confirming! I just wanted to let you know that the white color option for both sides is on order and we will send you a notification as soon as it's available in our inventory.

Tom,
I just wanted to thank you again for your help. My nephew, who is stronger than me, was able to detach the old handle and attach the new one. I am very happy to have a window that I am able to open and close securely,
Judith
Profile picture of Tom

Awesome! I'm very glad to hear it.

Please let us know if you had any other questions in the future. We're always here to assist.

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.