window opening guide

A professional from Lubbock, Texas says:

At the bottom of the window (which appears to be controlled by 39-031 and/or 39-032 (I have two left windows and two right windows) there is a metal track and a guide that allows the bottom of the window to slide toward center as it opens. The guide and the track are both compromised on that one window and should be replaced. The track piece resembles the awning guide which I have added to my cart, but since it is called an awning guide, I was not sure.

I will also need some Truth Covers and handles and believe the color is light tan but will check on that tomorrow before I place the order and also hope to know what guide and track would be ordered. If this is not clear, I can take a photo of the track and guide tomorrow and post it.

I got in too big a hurry. Also I need to know if there are seal kits for these windows. The window with the most damage (the one mentioned previously) was sealed with foam strips and cardboard and a section of the Wall Street Journal dated January 11. 2011. So it has been awhile since it has operated correctly.

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. The 39-031 and 39-032 use our 39-505 Track and 39-510 Stud Bracket; but if you're uncertain what you need, sending us photos of the track hardware, along with the operators, would be best. For a new cover and handle, see our 39-107 and 39-114L

Finally, to know what seal you need, please remove a sample and show us its end profile. That cross-section view, along with dimensions, would help narrow down the possibilities. Thanks.

Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
Watch How To Repair A Casement Window Crank Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
SWISCO Window Operator Crank Handles
VIDEO
WATCH >
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
Identifying Replacement Weatherstripping
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
How to Replace a 2-Bar Hinge Set on a Casement Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.