window parts

A quick learner from sussex nj says:
Could you please help me identify broken window parts. They are not from the same window and may not necessarily be the same window brand.

The first part is a broken pivot shoe. I will need two of these.
The second is a broken "I don't know what thingy"

I would appreciate your help GREATLY
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe size.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window piece size.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window piece sizing.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window piece.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. We can absolutely replace this hardware for you.

I'll start with the "I don't know what thingy," since it's the easier of the two. This part is called a tilt latch. You technically have a "surface mount" tilt latch, but it's more accurate to describe them as plug-in tilt latches. I recommend looking at our 26-243 and 26-244 to start. We also have a video that I think you'll find very helpful.

One important detail to note for these latches is the orientation of the bottom tooth. For the 26-243 and 26-244, you'll note this measurement listed as 3/16" in the photo below. If yours is different, let me know. 

Alternate view of 26-243
Alternate view of 26-243

Now let's look at that pivot shoe. I can tell you right off the bat that we don't have this style, and it may not even made anymore. There's a good chance you can substitute with one of ours but I'll need a bit more information.

First, can you tell me the thickness and width of the pivot shoe? The thickness is probably the most important part. The width looks to be a little under an inch, maybe 15/16", but I'd like you to confirm. It's tough to tell from a ruler.

Next, can you show me a photo of the balance that connects to the top of the shoe and the pivot bar that connects to the metal cam?

My thinking is that a pivot shoe only needs to fulfill three prerequisites: it has to fit in the track (width and thickness), it has to connect to the pivot bar, and it has to connect to the balance. As long as those three qualities match then it doesn't matter what it looks like.

Let me know and we can work from there!

How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
How to Replace a Window Tilt Latch
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
Styles of Tilt Window Latches
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.