window sash balance - Plygem

A home owner from Portland Oregon says:
Existing balance stamped 13 3, along with CJ EP, with BSI in between those letters, running perpendicular. Matches description for your Series 385. Length of metal is 13&5/16". Should I order the 14" stamped 1330 (seems to match my existing 13 3), or the shorter 13" stamped 1230? And getting a pair sounds like the right idea, yes? One of mine has seized up and will no longer function. Thanks for your help! - tom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImage27LLvH.gif
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImagen4ScaX.gif
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This is actually not a standard channel balance, but rather a balance that must be custom made due to its unique design. We can help with this, but I need a clearer picture of the clip or hook that comes out of the balance's bottom nylon shoe. This clip may resemble our 62-108 or 62-106, among other shapes. Let me know and I will draft a quote for you. 

Here's a close up of that clip for you Bob. Looks like the 62-108 to me. Can I use one of the standard balances or will the window not close/open correctly? Or do they not come with a clip/hook that will work for my installation?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageQvZxs9.gif
Profile picture of Bob

I am afraid it's not just the clip that makes these balances custom; it's also their length and the size of the bottom nylon shoe, which has the pulley for the cord nestled inside it; our standard balances have this within the 'guts' of the metal channel. This makes these balances incompatible with standard ones. 

We're very nearly there. I'd like to check just one last detail. Can you show me a side profile view of the bottom nylon fitting with that hook? I want to see just how it attaches to the metal channel. From there I'll get the quote to you ASAP. 

Side view for you Bob
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named tempImageavcLTY.gif
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for this. I just sent you an email with a custom link to order a pair of these balances stamped 1330 (which is the same as your old balance's stamp of 13-3). If you need a different amount, or have any other questions, just let me know here in the discussion. Many thanks. 

Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.