window sash lock and keeper

A home owner from Raleigh, NC 27614 says:

I am looking for sash locks for windows that have a narrow area to mount the keeper.

the lock at its widest point looks like 2"3/4 outside diameter, the mounting holes look like 1"7/8. Have attached pictures of one I found in town but that company is not around any longer.

your help is appreciated

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0101.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0103.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Our 90-286 has a 1-7/8" hole center spacing, but it looks different than your original lock and  I'm not sure if it will work. Can you confirm the hole spacing for me? Please make sure to measure from the center of each hole.

A home owner from Raleigh, NC 27614 says:

the holes are 1"7/8 apart the sash lock and keeper are 2"3/4 wide the keeper is the issue it has a narrow amount of space to mount it looks like the existing keeper is 1/4" thick the model 90-077A on your site looks very similar or most similar but I could find no dimensions all help appreciated 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0101.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0103.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

You can find dimensions for the 90-077A on its store page. The hole spacing is also listed in its title as 2-1/16", which is way too long.

Unfortunately, the 90-286 is the only lock we carry with the hole spacing you provided. However, I cannot confirm if it will work.

I am sorry that we couldn't find you a better match. I would check your dimensions again, just to be sure. You gave the overall width of your lock as 2-3/4", but the hole spacing as only 1-7/8". Even just eyeballing your photo, the hole spacing doesn't look a whole 1" less than the overall width of the lock. Something there doesn't add up.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.