window screen hanger

A home owner from New York says:
Greetings: I need brackets/hangers for window screens which are only about 3/16" wide. I've attached a picture of one which is in place. Can you help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window screen hanger.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. Could you triple-check the screen size to confirm that it's right? 3/16" is very very small for a screen size. A part like our 70-056 comes to mind, but this is for a 3/8" wide screen. Let me know what you find.

Our screens are definitely only 3/16" wide. Do you think the 70-056 could be adjusted to keep such a narrow screen securely in place?
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, I think I can help. They did in fact make a thinner screen hanger a few years back, but I don't believe they're still available. That said, our 70-056 hangers are made of aluminum and can be squeezed, as you already guessed. By tweaking them it should make up the thickness you need for your thinner screen. That's what I would do, too.

Thanks. I'll give it a try.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.