window screen security latch

A quick learner from New Jersey says:

This latch is used to keep the window screen from opening. It is located at the bottom of the top window. You have to remember to unlock this latch before you tilt the window for cleaning. Since I fail to remember to do this I have broken the part and anyone from the outside can now lift the screen and gain access to me home. Please help. I am have to replace 5 of these latches.

I found a part of yours that is similar. It is the ONE HOLE SWEEP LOCK 90-026. only problem is , I don't know if the hole I have is large enough for this product and the product doesn't come with the screw or the part to secure it to the window frame. It doesn't come with the securing part it advises to use the one that is already in the window and i don't have that.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for your patience during this busy season. I agree that the 90-026 is a possible option, though it's still different enough that I'm not sure if it will work. I can tell you that it uses a #8 x 5/8" pan head screw. You can pick that up at any local hardware store.

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.