window spring replacement

A quick learner from Colorado says:
My house was built in 1998, on my vinyl window, the spring mechanism broke on both sides of this window, can you help me identify what I need and how to install;l the new part
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8388.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8387.JPG
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Take a look at our video below for help with the removal process. Please show us your coils and pivot shoe once they are out of the window and we should be able to point you in the right direction. Thank you!

So, it looks like I will need to roto zip or Dremel a access area to remove the old assembly, is this correct?
Profile picture of Casey

If you're referring to the process of creating a cutout to remove your hardware, take a look at the video below.

The first picture is what I need, reference only
there is no cut out to remove these, where is the best place to do this,
I also need the clips that hold the window in place
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8400.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8401.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_8387 (2).JPG
Profile picture of Casey

Hello,

Take a look at the 15-087 housing pivot that holds our Series 180 Roller-Tilt coil spring and see how the dimensions compare to your parts. 

If you're still struggling with the cutout, I would recommend following the last video I sent and making the notch near the top of the window jamb as our experts demonstrate.

As for the clips you mentioned, it sounds like you may be referring to tilt latches. To confirm a replacement for you, we would need to see an undamaged latch removed from the window. 

how do I remove the tilt latch
Profile picture of Casey
It appears that you have internal tile latches bt I can't tell if yours is missing entirely from the sash in your photo. You may want to check another window and follow the video below for removal and replacement. 
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.