window weep hole

A handy person from Farmington Hills, MI says:
I would like to add some type of flap or screen cover to the weep holes on my windows. The attached images show the weep hole to be a 1" long by 1/8" high slot cut into the aluminum frame of the window. Note the 11/64" ledge directly below the weep hole slot (image # 4). Do you have any weep hole flaps or screens that might work for this application?

Other information:
The windows are original to the house, which was built in 1969. The only identifying information visible on the windows is the word "BAPCO". Any idea who might have manufactured these windows?
User submitted photos of a weep hole.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I don't know if we have this exact weep hole cover. The closest I could come up with is our 26-173, but you might need to cut out the slot a bit for it to work. Do you think you can use it?
A handy person from Farmington Hills, MI says:
Hi Paul,

Thanks for your reply to my post. The 26-173 might work, but I'd like to see an end view showing the height of the part that is inserted in the slot. This would tell me if I need to make the opening longer, or longer and taller.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for getting back to us! Take a look at this image detailing the dimensions requested.
A SWISCO example of dimensions.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)