windows from we think from 1940's home

A home owner from Portland, Oregon says:
There are two of these that are in the window frame. The flat part attaches to the windows frame and the sprial is attached to the glass sliding window.
Looking to find out what they are.
User submitted photos of window hardware.
A home owner from Portland, Oregon says:
The average length is 24 inches, it also has a very small price at the bottom of the rod. Please see attached. Thank you for your review.
User submitted a photo of window hardware.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Ah, I recognize these balances. These were used by old wood window manufacturers, but are no longer made. I recommend that you consider our Series 500 spiral balance, along with a bracket like our 17-012.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)