wool mohair weatherstripping

A quick learner from Kailua, Hawaii says:
Do you carry this type of weather stripping. the channel looks to be 1/4"
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200518_121352.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200518_121402.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200519_121622.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

We carry tons of different wool pile, but none with a 1/4" base. I don't think yours is, either. I recommend looking through our selection here to determine the best match. I know yours is very deteriorated, so it will be hard to confirm, but you just have to use your best judgement.

Removing wool pile, how does one remove adhesive wool pile, from the track
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200518_121352.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200518_121402.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20200519_121622.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Take a look at the video below that details a cutout method for removing and replacing wool pile. See if this helps. 

I have seen this video, however was not able to find one in regards to those that are applied via by adhesive.
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Apologies for missing the key word here: adhesive. This can be a bit tricky. You could use an alcohol solution, but you wouldn't want to overdo it and damage the window frame itself. Personally I'd first try using some soap and water to see if that loosens the adhesive up, then try to pry it out with a flat putty knife. See if that works. 

Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.