wool pile replacement question

A handy person from Jacksonville, Fl says:
My home has vinyl tilt-out windows that are about 20 years old. This winter I could feel cold air coming in across the top of the bottom window. The top window is fixed in position. It has brown wool pile across the top and down each side of the bottom window. The best I can measure, it looks like 3/16 by 3/16 wool pile. I need to order and replace the pile, but have a question about the top vs the sides. Is the top the same size as the sides? When I measure the top it seems to be 1/4" vs the sides appear to be 3/16". The pile on the sides is squeezed flat and the top stands straight out and still has a small space between the pile and the top window. Can it be possible that the top needs 1/4" and the sides 3/16 "?

Also, I have a piece across the outside bottom of the window that looks like rubber or vinyl that exetends out at an angle. Do you know what this is and do you sell it? I could not find it on your site with the other weather stripping information. I guess it has something to do with keeping water out. Your help will be grately appreciated. I want to know what I need before I place an order. Thanks for your help.

Top I.
Profile picture of Paul Sr.
Paul Sr. from SWISCO responded:
Yes, it is not uncommon for a company to use different size weatherstripping in the same window. For the weatherstripping on the bottom, take a look at the 58-164 Dual-durometer Weatherstrip as a possible match.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 4-7 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at 856-317-6263 or at help@swisco.com.