Replacement shoes for Alside Windows

A home owner from North Carolina says:
I'm looking for replacement shoes for my Alside windows. I have attached pictures of the shoe which is 1 1/4 wide 1/2 thick, 1 1/4 tall. Also is a picture of coil balance end with hole connection. The window has 3 coils on each side of sash. The plastic shoe connection broke where coils attach. Seems to be cheap design due to the fact I have had 10 break so far. Thanks
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0139[690].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0140[684].JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0141[686].JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. I'm afraid this pivot shoe and coil balance system is unfamiliar to me, but I'm forwarding this discussion to one of my senior colleagues who specializes in this type of hardware. We'll get back to you as soon as we can with more information. Many thanks. 

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hey there, maybe I can help. I've run across this a few times in the past. In my experience, many people with this same type of Alside pivot shoe have had it break in more or less the same way. It definitely seems like a problem with the design.

The good news is that I think I have a solution. I've suggested our 15-177 coil spring pivot shoe in the past. I think this will even still work with your original coil springs by attaching them with a 33-071 screw.

That said, if you did need new coil springs, you should be able to use our Series 152. You will just need the spring weight number stamped on the old coil.

Let me know if you have any questions!

A quick learner from NC says:
Does part number 15-177 shoe fit right and left or are there two different for right and left
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

The 15-177 can be used for both the left and right sides. 

How to replace a window coil balance
How to replace a window coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
How to Replace Damaged Pivot bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.