(11/06) UNIQUE 27-D-40 tilt window channel balance

A home owner from Toronto, Canada says:
Hello,
Looking to replace channel balances for tilt windows. Stamped: (11/06) UNIQUE 27-D-40
Plain channel. Although they're stamped 27, they measure 28 inches.
Photos attached.
Window sashes are 29" wide x 30.5" tall and weigh 22 lbs.
Do you ship to Canada?
Thanks
Channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! I think we can help, though I think this may need to be custom made. Before we continue, can you show me how this balance installs at the top? Does it use a screw? Also, how many did you need?

We can ship to Canada, yes. Assuming this has to be custom made, I would just email you a special product page that you can use to add the balance to your cart, as if it were any other product.
A home owner from Toronto, Canada says:
Yes, the balance is screwed in on the top, though in what appears to be an unorthodox way. Photo attached of one of the balances I have not removed. I would need six.

Could I just install new balances that would work with the existing sashes, rather than having the same ones custom made?
channel balance
Profile picture of Tom
I'm afraid there's no standard balance that can replace this. We would need to make you an S770-28 balance with a 62-105 hook attached at the bottom, also with a 28D stamp of course. I will send you a custom order link right now for six of these. This will include a price quote that you can review, in case you wanted to go forward.
A handy person from Florida says:
I have the same type setup. Marked "unique 27-D-40. I could use new 'pivot shoes" too. I have 15 windows x 2. can you please give me a quote?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6290.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6291.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6293.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6296.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_6295.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom

Looking at your photos, this balance doesn't seem to be the same setup as the photos shown at the start of this thread. We may still be able to help but we will need more information before we continue.

To start, can you remove an undamaged version of this balance from the window and show me a clear picture of the clip at the end of the cord? Can you also verify the length of the metal channel and the exact weight of the sash? Lastly, how many of these did you need?

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.