17 3 FD CALDWELL

A handy person from Seattle, WA says:
My first experience with window balances, they will not hold the window panel fully open, I'm assuming the balances need to be replaced??? Not sure if the number I am seeing is FD or FO but that 2nd character looks the same as the D in Caldwell. The metal portion measures 18" long. The label on the window is hard to make out everything but I can see that it's manufactured by Alpine Windows and there is a number on there that is DH-DW-R40 and MST4060 and Series 590. I can try and get more info off the label but some of it seems it wouldn't pertain to you folks. These windows were installed by contract of The Port of Seattle for the SeaTac Int'l Airport noise remediation program, date unknown.
Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

It definitely sounds like you need new balances, yes. Based on your photos, you have either our S380-18 or S385-18. The only difference between them is the size of the bottom fitting, which is indicated on their respective store pages. You'll need to measure your bottom fitting to confirm which one is best.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Awesome, sounds good to me! Thank you very much for the order and let us know if you had any follow-up questions.

A handy person from Seattle, WA says:
Hi Tom, I was going to include that measurement in my message and forgot. I had measured it at 1.25 so the S385-18 is my part. I'll be ordering four of these right away and soon I'll no longer be using sticks!
Thanks for your prompt reply!
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.