1960's Aluminum Window Balances

A quick learner from Cape Canaveral, FL says:
I have original 1960's aluminum windows with spiral balances, white-ish plastic tip and white plastic clips. The balances need to be replaces as well as the clips that attach it to the window and track. These are non-tilting and crappy.
How do I get the clips that slide in the track, out of the track and disconnected from the spiral so I can replace it all?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5861.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5860.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5859.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_5862.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

This looks like possibly our Series 300 Spiral Balance, which uses the 15-011 Shoe, or maybe the Series 301, which uses the 15-012 Shoe. Compare both shoes with the one your old balances use to see which is the right match. Measure the length of the outer tube, as well as its diameter (the diameter should be 3/8"). For the Color Tip, you likely will need to obtain the exact weight of the window sash to confirm what new Color to go with.

For information on how to replace a non-tilt spiral balance, see this blog article here.

How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.