1998 Sliding glass door

Contractor from Howell, MI
Just bought the house and all of the hardware was already removed. I couldn't find any part numbers for the make or model. Haven't removed the door from the frame to check for a label yet. The handle holes are for 6-5/8". Pretty sure it's for a mortise set up. All of the handle and lock sets I find don't match the openings in the door.
4 user uploaded images
2 Replies
Tom
Tom from SWISCO
SWISCO
Expert

Thanks for reaching out to us. I'm sorry to say that I don't recognize this door make, so I'm not sure who made it or what parts it may use. what I can tell you is that we don't sell any handle set with a 6-5/8" hole spacing that would fit on this kind of frame.

I think at this stage you should consider installing a surface-mount set, like our 82-005. This product has a self-contained mortise, which means it doesn't have to interact with any specific hardware in the door. It just screws right to it. 

The downside is you will need to drill new installation holes, both for the handle and for the keeper. This also assumes you have space on the frame for a keeper so be sure to check that before you buy anything. The video below will give you a better idea of how this hardware works.

Reply to Thread
Current Photos:
Related Products
Related Videos
Related Guides