21" SERIES 395 CHANNEL BALANCE

A home owner from Oregon says:

Last year I purchased two 27" Series 395 Channel Balance, option: 2640. On the Viking windows I was repairing, the 2640 option was clearly marked. The new parts were excellent and the repair went extremely well.

I have another Viking window that needs repair. It has 21" channel balance, but the marking is 2090. (2090 BF BSI 28, see attached photo).

The 21" Series 395 Channel Balance on your site does not list a 2090 option.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Phil 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Channel Balance.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

2090 is part of an outdated weight system. To choose the correct spring strength option, you'll need to weigh the window sash and follow the chart under the product description to choose the correct option. Thank you!

A home owner from Oregon says:
OK, I weighted the sash and it is 26.2 lbs.

Does that mean I order option 2050 for 23-27 lbs, or

option 2030 for half the weight, because there are two balances?
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Yep, you'll need a 2050 option since both balances need to be able to support your 26-pound sash. 

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.