25 Inch Tubular 5/8 inch Aluminum maybe GA Aluminum Window

A from Slidell, LA says:
Does this part still exist? 60 year old home. Or is there a newer universal product I can replace it with?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20210317_221615.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20210317_221508.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I think we can help, but that bracket looks honestly a little small for a 5/8" spiral balance. Can you double-check the tube diameter to make sure it's not 3/8"? We'll see what we can do from there. 

A quick learner from Slidell LA says:
Ok. Yes it is a 3/8" tube diameter. Options?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20210318_203535.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named thumbnail_20210318_203540.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Bob's not here today, but I'll do my best to help. Seeing as how your old balance is 3/8", then I recommend our Series 400 spiral balance, along with a bracket like the 17-031. Please note that this bracket is sold separately.

We've been using this kind of combination of spiral balance and bracket to repair old windows like yours for many, many years. I feel confident these parts will work well for you.

How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
How to Identify a Replacement Spiral Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
How to choose the proper spiral balance tip color
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a non-tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.