26-125 Did not work

A home owner from PA says:

Help, Please!

I ordered pivot bars to go with the new shoes, but the pivot bars don't fit my windows and I can't even remove the old pivot bars from the windows.

The first three pictures are of my window's pivot bar. I removed the screw, but the pivot won't come out and the new ones I ordered 26-125 won't fit my window.

The last picture is of the new plastic part with the old metal (I replaced the new metal with the old thinking the pivots would fit, but the plastic covers the slot too much and I can't get the old bars past the plastic.

Do you have any solutions and can I return the pivots that don't fit?

Thank you for your help.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230517_143206.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230517_142608.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230517_142621.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230517_142453 (2).jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20230517_142453.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Looks like you have an old Simonton brand window. They actually don't make this pivot bar anymore, unfortunately, but they did design the 26-336 pivot bar specifically to replace it.

Now, that's not necessarily a guarantee in my experience. Some customers have told me it works perfectly well as-is, others have told me that it doesn't fit in the metal cam of the old shoe. You did mention that you swapped your cam out for the old one so it may be okay, but you should be prepared to make alterations if necessary. Specifically, grinding the round "collar" on the tip of the 26-336 flat.

As for removal, once the screws holding it in place are removed it should simply pull out. 

Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.