26 inch Series 765 repairs

A quick learner from Maine says:
Hello, This metal piece broke loose from the bottom of my window pane/sash.

Can you help me determine what I need to repair this window?

Thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 1A912CFA-5180-4AD0-84AD-5A294BA8A7B8_4_5005_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0F683CB2-7211-4A41-8D6F-9BA7BC7E3DC0_4_5005_c.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 9C15537A-16E7-4173-8976-9752D8E113BF_4_5005_c.jpeg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

This piece is called a pivot bar. I recommend looking at our 26-040. I think this should work for you, though ours only has the one screw hole. That may not matter. You only need one screw hole to match up to install ours, so as long as it lines up for at least one of them then you should be good to go.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm afraid I can't answer that question. Sometimes the pivot bar screws right into the sash, sometimes it does need a housing. You'll have to look at your window and see what you're dealing with.

A quick learner from Maine says:
Is there a piece that the pivot bar needs to screw into or just the window frame itself?
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.