28" Channel Balance wit hooks

A home owner from CA says:
Hi,

I'm currently looking to replace 2 pairs of channel balances marked BSI 28C TH. I did a little bit of research and it looks like I'll need a custom order of S795-28 with 15-198 hook clips attached at the top.

Although my current balances are marked 28C, I weighed my window and it weighed in at around 31 lbs. Is the weight range table for the sash alone without the glass? If it is supposed to include the weight of the glass, would I be better off with a 28E or should I stay with my current 28C.

Thanks.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28CBalanceClip.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 28CBalance.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BalanceShoe1.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named BalanceShoe.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named HookHole.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hello! We can absolutely custom make this configuration for you. Based on the weight of your sash, the 28C stamp would definitely be too weak. The weight range is for the sash and glass; basically everything that the balances are designed to support. I have no idea why the original installers put in such a weak balance for such a heavy window, but it happens.

I will email you a purchase link and price quote now for two balances made to this configuration. Let me know if you had any questions or wanted to make any changes.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.