28 inch channel balance + sash cap - what to order

Home Owner from Baltimore, Maryland
Hi   Please advise on the part to order to replace this channel balance.  I also need to order sash caps.
The number on the side is 2470 and the window weighs 24 lbs.
Thank you for your advice,
Helen Magida
1 user uploaded image
2 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
SWISCO
Expert

Hi Helen,

Your window balance has winged top and bottom attaches like the S380-28 or the S385-28. To determine which of these is the correct replacement, you'll need to confirm the depth of the shoe.

I assume the stamp on your channel is 2740, if so, this option will work fine to replace yours. It will support a sash weighing between 19 to 26lbs.

Comparison of the S378, S380 and S385 balance shoes.
Comparison of the S378, S380 and S385 balance shoes.

Regarding the sash caps, I believe you may be referring to the top sash guides at the top left and right corner of the sash. I'll need to see a photo of the existing guides to identify the correct replacement match.

Please let me know if you have any additional questions!

Reply to Thread
Current Photos: