29" balancer

A quick learner from kissimmee, fl says:
my balance has no stamp. it has the winged clips. the window weighs 27 lbs. which balancer should i get? it is 3/8th inch wide and 29 inch long. please help
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting SWISCO. Could you double check the width of your metal channel? There is no 3/8" channel balance that can support a window sash that heavy. Also, pictures of the end attachments would be very helpful as well. Thanks!

u r right, i found the 1/2 balancer i need for the weight and proper end clips. thank u
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Glad to hear! Let us know if you need help with anything else.

i got the wrong one. i don't see the clips that are on the ones i ordered. the little wings. i should have sent with pics. which ones do i need for three windows with the top clip cover things i ordered. i need three windows forgot to order another.

please advise on what i should do.

thanks

john

Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Sorry that the balances where incorrect. Now to start, are the 18-060 top sash guides you purchased correct? If not, remove a good one and send a photo with some dimensions. As for the channel balances, you need top and bottom nylon fittings with wings: look at the S380-29. Be sure to check the depth of your old nylon shoe; is it 1"? Finally, is the spring weight stamped number on the old balance 2840? Let us know what you find.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
How to Replace a Top Sash Guide [1080p]
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.