29" block and tackle window balance

A contractor from Naples Fl. says:
Need replacement balance although the old balance is stamped 28-G-70 the metal part of the balamce is 29" long
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window balance.jpg
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

I'm sure we can help, but that stamp only tells us the strength of the balance. Can you show me the attachments or fittings on either end? Those are needed to ID what you have. Thanks. 

Additional pictures attached
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210224_074057.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210224_074048.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210224_074031.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210224_072328.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 20210224_072322.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. I believe this is an S380-29 Channel Balance. The Series 380 has a bottom nylon shoe with a depth of 1". The depth can be thought of as the 'heel-to-toe' measurement. Please measure to confirm this matches your balance's shoe. If your balance's shoe is closer to 7/8", you may need something else, so let me know. 

Your old stamp code of 28G might conform to our stamp option of 2870, which designates a balance that can support a window sash in the weight range of 39 through 42 pounds. Let me know if that seems right, or if you have any other questions. 

Shoe measures 7/8 by 7/8. Window is 49"w by 28" high. Heavy hurricane glass. Thank yoh
Profile picture of Bob

Thanks for getting back to me. It sounds like you have a balance with the 7/8" deep 15-029 Shoe attached. None of our stock balances have this shoe attached, but we can supply them to you via custom order. Note that (2) is our minimum quantity for custom balances. In that case, I sent you an email with a custom link to order a pair of 29" balances with the 19-005 Top and 15-029 Bottom fittings attached. These balances will be stamped 2870, which as I said early, means the balances can support a window sash in the weight range of 39 through 42 pounds. If you're uncertain that's right, I highly advise weighing the sash to confirm. Let me know if you have further questions. 

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.