30" Channel Balance replacement Shoe

A quick learner from Charlottesville, VA. says:
I could not find this sort of indented channels on your site?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-2/28/2020, 9:40:23 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-2/28/2020, 9:41:11 AM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-2/28/2020, 9:41:22 AM.png
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for writing in. This shoe looks like our 15-195B 1-1/4" Open Cam T-Lock Shoe. However, neither our shoes nor balances have that characteristic groove or indentation. Therefore, I'm afraid that you will need not only a new T-Lock Shoe, but a new balance as well. See our S795-30. You can buy the 15-195B separately and swap it out with the shoe that comes by default with our Series 795 (the 15-195). 

Before ordering, be sure to confirm how your old balance connects to the window track. Does it have a screw-on clip, like our Series 795? Or does it have something different? If it is something different, let us see a picture of the top attachment, as well as the hole in the window track it attaches to. Many thanks.

Can you call me to talk me through this? 434-566-1412. I don't mind ordering the entire balance. The top mounts with a single screw to old it in the chase. It has foam to keep it snug I assume. And then the press fit cam at the bottom.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-3/15/2020, 2:26:08 PM.png
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named webcam-3/15/2020, 2:26:25 PM.png
Profile picture of Bob

If the balance installs with a screw-on tab, then you can use our standard S795-30. You'll need to buy the open cam T-Lock Shoe, our 15-195B, separately, and swap it out with the shoe that comes by default with this balance (the 15-195). The video below illustrates this process. 

You'll also need to select a stamp option. Look for a stamp code somewhere on the metal channel. If there is none, or you are uncertain, obtain the exact weight of your window sash. You can then match that exact weight with one of the weight ranges listed alongside each stamp option on the product page.

Thanks. This says 30B on it. Does that help?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Bob

Yep it sure does! That means you'll need the S795-30, with a stamp option of 30B. You'll also need the 15-195B, sold separately, and can swap it out with the default shoe via the process in the video below. Let us know if you have any other questions.

How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.