Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20211231_141330933.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20211231_141337392.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20211231_141400890.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20211231_141414920.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20211231_141434665.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

We'd be happy to look into this for you but we would like to see a few additional photos of your winged top attachment from multiple angles to research your replacement options. Thank you!

A quick learner from Weston, Florida says:
Hi Casey, thank you for your reply. As requested, please find attached the new pictures. Thanks!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220104_145106221.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220104_145110886.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220104_145115661.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220104_145129962.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

Thank you for the additional photos. We can supply your replacement balances but it will need to be a custom order due to the unique combination of end attachments. We just sent over an order link and price quote for you to review. Take a look and let us know if you need anything else. Thank you!

I'm definitely placing an order, but I need additional stuff. Please bear with me Casey! These windows have top guides. Do I still need those with the new balances? If so, would your 18-009 work? The take out clips are all rust. They are around 1 3/8" long. Can I buy your 16-002? Also, I need locks. I'm attaching a picture for you to please see if you have a matching replacement.
Casey, I don't know what I would do without your guidance. Tons of thank you!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220105_143105387.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220105_143011272.MP.jpg
Profile picture of Casey

For your top sash guides, you can start by comparing the dimensions of the 18-093 to yours. If you notice any discrepancies, please show us your guide from more angles and write out your exact dimensions. 

As long as the dimensions of the 16-002 take-out clip match your part, you should be good to go with that. 

As for your sash lock, please write out the exact distance between the mounting holes since it's tough to get accurate dimensions. It would also help to see a top-down photo of the lock without the tape measure so that we can see the entire part. 

Good morning Casey,
I followed your directions and placed my order. You helped me save hundreds of dollars doing this myself and I am very grateful for that. I wish you a wonderful 2022!
Best,
Marisela
Profile picture of Casey

I'm glad that we were able to help you through this process, which I know can be intimidating when looking for multiple parts. Just let us know if you need help with any other projects in the future! 

Profile picture of Casey

One other thing that I wanted to mention is that you ordered the 18-009, which I'm not confident will work for you since the part sitting on top of your sash looks closer to the 18-093 that I mentioned in my last response. Just something to consider but if you want to try the guide that you purchased and it doesn't work out, you can always purchase the 18-093 later on. 

Uh oh, my guides are 1 x 5/8 and they look like this. Please see the attached pictures. Yeah, I bought this old condo and am trying to dyi all I can but this project with the windows turned out to be everything but simple!
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220106_163417841.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220106_163201478.MP.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named PXL_20220106_163145198.jpg
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Unfortunately, we were unable to find a match for the top sash guide shown in your photos. The 18-093 that Casey mentioned would be our closest option but I don't believe that the dimensions will work for you. I'm sorry that we couldn't come up with a better replacement option for you at this time. 

Hi Paul,
I already received my order, but will have to wait patiently until mid February to install everything because my handyman got Covid and then I'll be out of town by the time he ends isolation. We'll see how it goes. All I know for sure now, is that Swisco is a wonderful company to make business with, and that the customer service is out of this world, and that's what I am telling everyone.
Thank you for helping me safe big money by guiding me all the way from the start.
All the best,
Marisela
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

We appreciate your kind words. I'm glad that we were able to help with the majority of the parts needed to complete your repair. Please let us know if you need anything else!

How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
How to Replace a Broken Take Out Clip
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.