31" length channel balance

A quick learner from Rochester Hills says:
For Tilt Wash single hung vinyl :
The balance knife Lock shoe is broken, so can I just replace the broken piece. If I like to replace the whole 31" series 751 channel balance, can I use S751-31, but the end to connect the spring is different from the one I have.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named B06E5701-0C9E-401A-B3E5-A0A4ABE0C06B.png
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hi there! I'm not sure if I understand what you mean when you describe the end to connect the spring. Are you referring to the rivet in the metal channel to which the spring hooks onto, shown in your first photo?

I also note another big difference which is the style of the metal channel. The S751-31 uses a ribbed shaped metal channel while yours is plain. You can see an example of what I mean in the images below.

That makes me think your balance is custom made. I believe we can make up the same combination by using our S770-31, but replacing the metal tab at the bottom of the cord with our 15-014 shoe. Does that look good to you?

If so, there are two last details we need to square away before we can get started. First, you'll note that the stamp options available for our S770-31 differ from what you have on your balance. Because these use a different sort of rating system, we'll need you get the exact weight of your sash and let me know what it is. We can then calculate the best option for that weight.

I'll also n eed to know how many you need. The custom order link I plan on sending you requires the quantity to be set ahead of time. Once you've confirmed all the data here, I'll plug in the quantity and email it to you.

Let me know if you have any questions!

A quick learner from Rochester Hills says:
Appro. 30 lbs weight and I need a pair only. Thanks!
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Perfect, thank you! I'll email you that order link right now. Let me know if you have any questions.

How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
How to install a ribbed tilt channel balance with knife lock shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.