334 spring stamp

A handy person from Saugerties says:
My upper windows slam down when unlocked. Not sure what I need to repair them. See attached pics. Plastic says certainteed and metal "tension" ring says 334. I need to repair 4 windows, can you forward part numbers needed?
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named CA1F9B1A-8DA2-427A-AAD1-D8BEA2D38B58.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named A3778AC3-27D6-453E-BA76-D2BDDE6C31D4.jpeg
Profile picture of Emily
Emily from SWISCO responded:

Hello there!

This looks like an old Simonton coil balance assembly that isn't made anymore, but take a look at our 15-259 pivot shoe and Series 159 coil balances. The video below will walk you through the installation process. 

What is the lb of the coil balance I need. The original is marked 334

Thanks
Profile picture of Emily

The "334" stamp doesn't match any of our standard coil weight options. With that said, we suggest weighing your sash on a scale to determine the appropriate coil spring weight. Get back to us with the exact sash weight and we can work it out from there. 

Thank you, will weigh sash and get back to you
Profile picture of Emily

We'll be here!

My sash weighs 9lbs. I have 5 windows I need to fix. Can you advise how many coils I need and how many pivot shoes and advise if any other parts are required?

Many thanks!
Profile picture of Emily

Thank you! If your sash weighs exactly 9 pounds and if you have a total of (2) coils in the window (one on each side), you'll need (2) of the S159-4 4.5 pound coil balances. One of these on each side of the window will support a sash weight of 9 pounds. The video I linked you to previously will go over the parts you'll need and how to install them.

If you have any questions just let us know! 

How to replace a Simonton coil balance
How to replace a Simonton coil balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
Replacing the Simonton Coil Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.