34" Chanel Balance

A quick learner from Califoria says:
Hello. Excellent site. Need to replace whole bunch of my window balances. Like to start out with the first by choosing the right part. Attached are the pictures. Channel Length = 34"; Channel Width = 10/16 and 9/16 as the spring visible side seems wider than the back side, because of rimmed edge. Channel depth = 9/16.

The sash weighs 19 pounds. The dimensions of the [old) top and bottom shoe appears to match the S380-34 series 380. I suspect I need the stamp option 3330 for the weight requirement. Do I have the correct part for replacing the channel balance in the pictures? Many thanks for the help.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting! Before I can offer an applicable replacement for this channel balance, I just need to know a bit more information about the bottom attachment. Please take a look at our 15-004 and 15-005 channel balance shoes, and note their depths. As you can see, they are 1-3/32" deep and 1" deep, respectively. Which one more closely matches your own bottom attachment?
A quick learner from Califoria says:
Hi, thanks for the follow up. Of the two dimensions, my old part shoe depth is 1-3/32". Shoe 15-004. I missed that slight difference in my first post.

Also, I forgot ask, is there a "right" and "left" channel balance? You only asked about the bottom shoe, are there different styles for the top shoe as well? Many thanks.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you! In that case, I recommend the S385-34 channel balance with a 3330 stamp option. Does that look about right? Make sure to compare your sash weight to the weight range shown for the 3330!

There are no left or right hand balances, they are all non-handed. As for the top attachment, there aren't many variations and they're pretty easy to spot. However the bottom shoes are a bit trickier; there are a few more variations, and the differences between them are very subtle.
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
How to Replace a Channel Balance Attachment
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.