35DS 37 Channel Spring Balance

A home owner from Jupiter,,FL says:
I need to order two of channel balance replacements . They are 1/2 inch wide by 36 inches long . Not sure of the weight load so I sent these photos . The number stamped on the channel is 35DS
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0095.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named IMG_0096.JPG
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for contacting us. We can help replace this balance, though it will have to be specially made due to that stamp. Before we begin, can you measure the depth of your bottom shoe (the heel to toe measurement) and tell me what you get? Can you also tell me how many balances you need?

A quick learner from Jupiter,,FL says:
Sorry for the late reply . The metal channel of balance is 36 inches in length. I attached a picture to show the measurement. I measured just the metal channel , no plastic parts included. The depth is 1/2 inch . I need two for now .
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks for getting back to us. I'm afraid it's not the metal channel we needed measurements for, but the depth of the bottom shoe. We'll need that before we can get started on this order. 

A quick learner from Jupiter,,FL says:
Good Morning ,
The bottom shoe is 11/16 of an inch .
The window is 36x34 but I am sure of the weight. It is an impact window and seems on the heavy side.
The both shoes are the same size as the Balance I ordered for my 28 Inch tall window. I can't find the packing slip so I am not sure what S number it was. S385 , S380 It has 2770 stamped on it . Can you find the old order?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm afraid I can't find any older order placed under the email address you're using for this thread. I also don't think 11/16" is the measurement we want. I agree that you have either the S380-28 or S385-28, but you need to figure out the depth of your shoe to confirm the better option. I highly recommend looking at all the pictures and dimensions we show for each balance. We have all the information you need to confirm the better match on their respective store pages.

Once you've determined which balance you have, I will email you a special order link for 2 with that custom stamp you have.

How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.