36C balance and pivot shoe

A handy person from NJ says:
Double hung vinyl Window from Builders Firstsource in 2006. Need replacement balance and pivot shoe.
Also my vinyl stop at top is only 1.5 inches. may need bigger piece to hide cutout if i have to cut out vinyl to remove shoe.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I'm not sure what you have, unfortunately. We have dozens of different balances with that stamp. It's not a product code or anything, it just indicates the strength of the spring.

In order to figure out what Series this is, I need you to remove an undamaged version of this balance from the window and show me clear pictures of the top and bottom nylon fittings. I will also need to know the dimensions of these fittings. 

You also mentioned a pivot shoe. We will also require photos of this part removed from the window. We will additionally need its width and thickness.

Balance is 36"L. Each side measures 1/2".
Top nylon fitting (black) is 1"L x 1/2"W and is connected by a string to another vinyl pulley (gray) 1.5"L x 1/2"W in size that connects in the middle of the balance to a 20" metal spring coil. The opposite end of the balance does not have a fitting because it slides directly over the pivot shoe.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named full balance view.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance bottom.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named balance top.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

Thanks! This assembly appears to match our Series 795 tilt window channel balance. I am confident that this is what you want, but note that our balance installs at the top of the window using a screw, not a hook. If yours uses a hook, I recommend watching our other video below for guidance on what you can do.

Thanks, Tom. My window balances also attach by screw. I will order two 795 balances so I have a spare ready when the next one breaks. I noticed on the 795 link you sent me that there are multiple pivot shoes available. What pivot shoe matches the 795? A pic of my existing shoe is attached. I will try to use it but suspect it may be damaged.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named pivot shoe.jpg
Profile picture of Tom

The Series 795 comes with a pivot shoe already pre-attached, which is our 15-195. This is 1-1/4" wide. The other options are sold separately in those cases where customers have something different.

If you have any doubts that your shoe is 1-1/4" wide then you need to measure the original to verify what its actual size is. That will require removing it.

How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
How to install the 26-200 Screw Plug
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
How to Install a T-Lock Shoe on a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.