Similar to 39-035 Operator

A quick learner from San Diegi CA says:
Hello: My operator seems identical to the 39-035 except it doesn't have a hinged arm. My arm is about 8" long tip to pivot point on the gear.

Questions:

1. Do you have a 39-035 operator with a straight arm? If yes, price and delivery?

2. The gear seems to cover the mounting screw hole however, I assume that by turning the crank the mounting hole will be uncovered. Is this correct?

3. The only way I have seen to remove the old operator is by breaking free the wood bar at the base of the window frame. This seems somewhat difficult and could possibly destroy this wood bar. I was wondering if it made more sense to drill a hole above each mounting screw so that access to the mounting screws was possible. Filling in the hole and painting over seems much easier to me. Comments?

Thank you

Richard
User submitted a photo of a skylight operator.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting, Richard. Have you seen our 39-216 and 39-217? Check them out and see if these match your hardware.

I'm not sure I understand your second question. Can you elaborate?

The recommended method of replacing these operators is by gently prying up the wooden trim that covers them. I've never tried the method you suggested, so I can't say if it will work or not. There is a risk that the trim could crack, but as long as you're careful you should be okay.
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
Connecting a casement window operator to stud bracket
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
How to Install a Kawneer Commercial Door Pivot
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.