39-138/9 quality, gasket

A handy person from Massachusetts says:
I'm thinking I could use some of the cheaper, 9" options that match my existing mounting hole patterns (though my arms are 9-1/2")
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for posting. I'm sorry, but I'm not sure what your question is. Can you go into more detail? What about the 39-138 and 39-139 would you like to know? If you're wondering if they can replace your current operator, I would need to see a picture of your existing part removed from the window. That would allow us to find the best possible match.
A handy person from Massachusetts says:
Sorry, I thought the second part had posted. I was wondering what the quality difference might be between the 39-038/9 and 39-001/2 operators (beside the 1/2" arm length), and if there's a risk in replacing a 9-1/2" arm with a 9" arm.
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Thanks for clarifying. Other than the length of the arm, the wheel bearing at the end is different for both operators. Honestly, we recommend sticking with what you have now. In terms of quality, neither operator type is necessarily better than the other; we find that they both work equally well.
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.