39-253LB Question

A quick learner from united states says:
Yesterday, I tried to install my encore dual arm and discovered that the pin at the end of the long arm on the new part (see first picture) is just a tad smaller than the pin on the old existing part. When I try to insert the pin into the holder hole at the bottom of the existing window, the pin does not stay in & pops out. Otherwise, the encore dual arm is a perfect fit for old stripped part from my Milgard window.

Can you please recommend what I can do to fix this? Do you sell the holder hole part (see second picture, fuzzy, underside track of window) that fits the pin on the encore dual arm? Is this a part I can just buy at a local hardware store?

Thanks,
Tom
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named swisco-order-1472019.JPG
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named window-hole-for-pin.JPG
Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

The track slider that works with our 39-253LB is the 39-529. It's possible you might be able to get the replacement operator to works by replacing the track slider. However, I should stress that the 39-253LB is often confused with another operator, the 39-438B. These two are practically the same, except that the 39-438B has a built in track slider that is more rectangular in shape. This is not interchangeable with the 39-253LB and 39-529. Now, based on your photos your old track slide does look more like the 39-529. But review the video below just to be certain.  

How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
How to Orient a Dual-Arm Operator
VIDEO
WATCH >
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
Comparing the 39-253LB & 39-438B Operators
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to identify casement and awning operators
How to identify casement and awning operators
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.