40055 hardware with thicker wheel

A home owner from Huntingdon Valley Pa says:
Trying to replace 40055 hardware. Rec'd one which is exactly right except has a roller on the end that is nylon and twice the thickness of the window track it is supposed to fit into. It has a number 40049 marked on the lever Can you advise?

The one on the original arm is about a sixteenth thick and is metal rather than nylon. Ellis
Profile picture of Dave Sr.
Dave Sr. from SWISCO responded:
It's very hard to say what you have without pictures. Those numbers are stamped on a lot of different parts. That said, you say the end bearing is metal and not the nylon type? That makes me think of our 39-365 and 39-366. Take a look and compare them to yours. If you are still not sure, send us a photo of your part and tell us its dimensions and we will help you find something better.
A quick learner from Huntingdon Valley, Pa says:
This looks right in terms of the arm, steel roller and the rest of it, but the actual housing is squared on the ends rather than rounded. Do you think it will still fit the rectangular opening thru the window frame? Ellis
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Most older style operators have squared bases, but the manufacturers has phased that design out in favor of rounded bases. It shouldn't affect the operation of the window.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)