45189 Truth Window latch

A home owner from New Lenox, IL 60451 says:

Inside the latch is a picture of a house with truth underlined to right of house. To the left of the house is numbers 45189 with a 6 underneath. I also have a broken latch with a 45189 and a 3 underneath. There's a plate on underside with "21328A" engraved. That's same on both latches. I have many broken in the house, I'm sure.

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named image.jpg
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for posting. I believe you have an older version of our 38-144, but this should still work as a replacement. You may also need new keepers: see our 38-276 and 38-277.

A home owner from New Lenox, IL says:
Thanks for responding. I think your replacement is too old for what I have. Don?t see how they will work with the window keeps
A home owner from New Lenox says:
I think you had a typo. It looks like 38-144 is it. Thanks
Profile picture of Tom

Whoops, you're right! That was a typo, but I fixed it. Sorry about that!  Thank you for your order and please let me know if you have any other questions.

A quick learner from Minneapolis says:
Hi SWISCO,

A Version of this Truth lock has a double locking system where just the bottom lock on a casement window has the lever, and it works with a inner track to ALSO close the top casement window lock at the same time. The lock has the same identical number as this on the inner metal, but the inner mechanism (that is moved by the lever) has a pin that fits into an inner channel in the window frame. This inner channel has a piece of plastic that slides and then opens/closes the top lock. Do you happen to have this version of this Truth 45189 latch?
Profile picture of Tom

I'm sorry to say that I'm not familiar with the lock system that you describe. Would it be possible to see photos of what you have so that we can get a better idea of what you're dealing with?

Anatomy of a casement window
Anatomy of a casement window
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.