590CSB pivot lock shoe replacement

A handy person from Huntsville, Alabama says:
I read in your posts that the 590CSB pivot lock shoe has been discontinued and noticed your suggested replacements, however my shoe has a white cam versus the blue that were discussed and the depth of the shoe is 1/2", not the 5/8" that was mentioned before. I am considering the 15-046 pivot lock shoe and 26-366 pivot bar offered through Swisco. Another side question, did all the 590CSB pivot lock shoes have the same dimensions or was this a generic number stamped on the part.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 590CSB pivot lock shoe.jpg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Unfortunately, the number stamped on the pivot shoe is not enough information to identify a replacement. We've recommended a handful of pivot shoes to replace pivot shoes with the same stamp number. I would strongly recommend removing the pivot shoe, and pivot bar if you need that as well, and sending us photos of the parts. We'll also need to confirm the width and thickness of the shoe while removed from the window. Thank you!

A home owner from Chicopee Massachusetts says:

We had windows put in around 1995 , do not know what type of windows they are. We need pivot shoe replacements but, not sure what part to get . Dimensions are width 1 4/16"

Length is 2" and it is 1/2" thick. Could you recommend a replacement part. I will send 3 pictures .

Thank you,

Cecile 

Thumbnail of the uploaded file named EA74DFB7-24C7-4AFD-8CA6-89DEF0E13588.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 908E15B6-034D-49CA-A63A-CBF605B67A1F.jpeg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named 0324585F-B8D1-4D76-BEA3-4AB6A047CEFC.jpeg
Profile picture of Casey
Casey from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

I don't believe your pivot shoe is still being made but take a look at our 15-046 pivot shoe with the same width and thickness as your original shoe. Thanks for posting! 

A handy person from Huntsville, Alabama says:
the removed pivot shoe measures: 1-9/32" in width, 2-1/4" in length, and 19/32" thick. Do you have any matches to this pivot shoe?
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:

Hello,

Past customers have successfully used our 15-046 pivot shoe as a replacement for your discontinued pivot shoe. The width is 1-1/4" and the thickness is 1/2" in the trade, but it is slightly heavier. Thanks for posting! 

How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
How to replace a tilt window spiral balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
How to Remove a Pivot Shoe (Cutout Method)
VIDEO
WATCH >
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
Swisco's 15-046 Pivot Lock Shoe
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
How to Convert a Crossbow Balance to a Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
Modifying the Series 795 Balance
GUIDE
READ >
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
How to adjust a spiral balance on a tilt window
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.