A 2840

A home owner from Jacksonville, FL says:

From what I can tell the stamp says "a 2840". Both sides of the window unit have the rope and hook pulled out from the track. I believe that I need to replace both sides but would like help with the replacement part as well how to remove and replace each side. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

I think we can replace this balance, but it will have to be a special order. I think you might have something like our S770-29 but with the bottom clip swapped out for our 62-105 hook. It would also have the 29D stamp for sashes weighing 23 through 28 pounds. 

Please review these details and let me know if they match up with what you're working with now. I would also like to know how many you need. Once I have that information, I'll email you a price quote and order link.

To remove the old balances, first tilt in and remove your sash from the pivot shoe. Then use needle nose pliers to unhook the 62-105 hook from the pivot shoe. That will allow you to raise the balance sitting on the nylon bushing and remove it from the track. 

To install a new balance, first place the balance above the nylon bushing use your needle nose pliers pull down the hook to attach it to the pivot shoe.

A handy person from Tallahassee Florida says:
I have the same balance as the home owner in Jacksonville, but mine are stamped d 2840. They are 29 inches long and they have the 62-105 hook.

I would like to get a quote for four of these balances. Shipping would be to zip code 32308.

Thanks,
Scot
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:

Hey, Scot. I'll send you over a quote for 4 balances right now. Thanks for writing in!

How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
How to replace a tilt-window channel balance.
VIDEO
WATCH >
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
Classifying Channel Balance Fittings
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.