Alenco balances

A home owner from Schertz, Texas says:
I need two Alenco 28 inches. The one my husband took out of the window has the marking on the metal that has 2740 next to this number is B.S.L MK

Which channel balance can we use?

My husband and I are in our 80's and don't know how to attach a photo but need any help you can give us. Thank you, Joyce

Profile picture of Bob
Bob from SWISCO responded:

Hi Joyce. I am confident we can help, but that stamp code only tells us the strength of the channel balance, not it's identity. The only way to know for certain what balance you have is to send us photos of the nylon fittings on either end of the metal channel--their style is what determines the identity. Removing the balance from the window is the best way to get clear pictures. If in doubt, we recommend hiring a local pro to get the balances out. The videos below detail channel balance identification, and also show how to remove and replace the balances from the window.

If you can email pictures to us at help@swisco.com, that would be great. Just be sure to include your discussion ID number, D219304, so we know what discussion to reference. 

I should add that Alenco windows have used our Series 395 balance in the past, so it wouldn't surprise me if you need our S395-28 with a stamp option of 2740. But again, removing the balance to check is the only way to know for sure. 

How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
How to Identify Replacement Channel Balances
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
How to Replace a Non-Tilt Channel Balance
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to Repair a Jammed Window
How to Repair a Jammed Window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
How to replace a non-tilt channel balance
GUIDE
READ >
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
Choosing a Non-tilt Channel Balance: What Will We Need?
GUIDE
READ >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.