Alenco window parts

A quick learner from USA says:
Please assist- my windows want stay up. Because the coil in the first pic is broken- need to replace
Also the thing that insert into the coil is broken on the bottom of the window. Can you help or direct me
Alenco window parts
Profile picture of Tom
Tom from SWISCO responded:
Sounds like a problem with your balance. Based on your pictures, it looks like you have a spiral balance for tilt windows. The tube looks to be on the thick side, so it could be our Series 600 but that's just a guess. You'd need to measure the diameter of the tube to confirm that it's 5/8".

It could be all you need to do is charge it a little. See the guide below for more information on how this works. If that's not it, then the balance would need to be replaced. I'm not sure what you're referring to when you mention the thing that inserts into the coul. Do you mean the pivot bar or pivot shoe? You show a pivot bar in your second photo and a pivot shoe in your third photo. If you need the pivot bar, see our 26-041. If you need the pivot shoe, I'm not as certain. I would need you to remove it from the window and tell us its width and thickness.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.