All these plastic parts are starting to look alike.

A handy person from Florida says:
I have a bunch of broken balance channels without enough salvageable parts. I need replacements but I'm not sure which parts to order. It seems like the inside part the spring attaches to with the highest among of pressure is held on with a pot metal fitting. Do you carry a solid fitting for this? I'm not seeing the correct top/bottom seat that is currently being used.
The actual balance is 1/2" and is marked 28d the window company was Florida extruders international out of Sanford Florida.
Thank you so much.
User submitted photos of a window balance.
Profile picture of Paul
Paul from SWISCO responded:
Thank you for posting. I'm afraid the top balance in your pictures cannot be repaired. Looking at that damage, you need to replace the whole thing. I recommend looking at our S380-29 channel balance, but make sure the size of the nylon attachments match yours.
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)