Alside Excalibur Window Balances

A handy person from Illinois says:

"Hello,

I have Alside Excalibur double hung windows and I need coil balance shoes and coils.

I have a total of 17 windows. I have changed some of them in the past, but I have a few more that need changing.

My window sizes are below:Bottom sash is 29"W X 19"H

Top sash is 28"W X 18"H.Bottom sash is 33W X 19"H

Top sash is 32W X 18"H.Bottom sash is 21"W X 27"H

Top sash is 20"W X 26"H.

I also need a couple pivit pins? that screw into the bottom of the sash.

Can you please let me know if you have these parts. 

Thank you so much for your help.

Sincerely,

Mark

Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! I am confident we have a replacement coil balance assemble we can recommend for you however, I won't be able to identify them by the brand name and the window information alone. 

I'll need to see a photo of the pivot shoe, the pivot bar, as well as the other compatible hardware to confirm the most accurate replacements for your window. You'll also need to have them removed to confirm any measurements and any stamps that could be on the coils, this will be especially important concerning the window weight.

A handy person from Illinois says:

I tried to attach the pictures that you requested below to your form, but I was having problems doing so.
I have a couple different size coils and the numbers that I found on the coils were 6 and 8. I hope you can find
what I need with the information provided.
Please let me know if you need additional information.
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mark.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mark2.jpg
Thumbnail of the uploaded file named Mark3.jpg
Profile picture of Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO responded:

Thanks for reaching out! Your coil balance pivot shoe appears to be our part 15-177. Compare the dimensions to your existing shoe to confirm that this is the right replacement.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

The compatible coil balance spring would be the Series 152 coils. 

Your pivot bar looks like it could be the 26-030. I am confident these are the replacement pivot bars you'll need.

Detail of 26-030
Detail of 26-030

How to remove window pivot shoes
How to remove window pivot shoes
VIDEO
WATCH >
Anatomy of a tilt window
Anatomy of a tilt window
VIDEO
WATCH >
How to replace a window pivot bar
How to replace a window pivot bar
VIDEO
WATCH >
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
Removing Rusted Pivot Bars
VIDEO
WATCH >
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
(your email address will be kept private and is only used to inform you when a response has been made)
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.