Alside double hung vinyl window part (model 0201)

Handy Person from Park Ridge, IL
May 22, 2024 2:51 pm
Hello,

I think I need a replacement coil balance for my window which slams shut. It looks like one is broken. You can see the piece that has broken off in the photo. I can't get the part to pop out like shown in your video. It's in a channel and there seems to be a screw on the front side. I tried to show that screw in the 3329 photo.

If you can let me know what to order and how to fix, that would be appreciated!
IMG_3327 IMG_3328 IMG_3329
3 user uploaded images
1 Replies
Jasmine
Jasmine from SWISCO
May 23, 2024 11:12 am
SWISCO
EXPERT

Hello,

Thanks for posting! Your coil shoe can be replaced with the 15-177 Coil Balance Shoe. This is compatible with the Series 152 Coil Balance Spring, which is secured to the shoe using the 33-072 screw. 

To determine the spring needed for your assembly, you'll need to remove the existing hardware and check for any stamps/markings on the metal coil. If there aren't any stamps/markings, you'll need to obtain the exact sash weight and divide it by the total number of coils in the window.

To replace the covers, you'll need the 15-143 Coil Bushing, 15-144 Coil Bushing Cap, and the 15-145 Coil Support Barrel.

Alternate image for 15-177
Alternate image for 15-177

In regard to removing the balances from the channel, if there isn't a cutout in the frame, you will need to make one. Take a look at video tutorial below for an idea on how to make the cutout.

Products and resources found in this discussion
Reply to Thread
Use this form to ask a follow-up question or to share your experience regarding this subject.
Current wait time is 3-4 business days
We promise that one of our experts will personally get back to you as soon as they are able. Thank you very much for your patience and understanding. If your inquiry is time-sensitive, please feel free to reach us at (888) 991-1929 or at help@swisco.com.
Need help identifying your part?
Send a photo or description to our Parts Experts!
Identify Your Part
SWISCO Part Experts